Bayside Vacations is seeking a bright and enthusiastic team player to join our dynamic vacation rental and property management team. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience in a professional work environment and will possess strong experience in a client-oriented business, with high commitment to quality and satisfaction of the end user. This is a great opportunity for an outgoing individual looking for a fast-paced, customer focused environment. This is a full-time position. Weekend & Evening work is required along with having reliable transportation. Applicant must live in Huatulco and must also be familiar with the area. Experience in vacation rentals is an asset, however on the job training will be provided.
As a Vacation Rental Specialist the Employee is required to perform the following duties and undertake the following responsibilities in a professional manner:
- Respond to vacation rental inquiries through phone, walk-in and email
- Quote and process guest reservations and payments
- Notify owners of reservations
- Prepare and send welcome packages with keys, directions, brochures, etc. for arriving guests
- Coordinate check ins and check outs
- Inspect properties prior to guest arrival and after departure to confirm inventory, ensure property is in excellent condition and to report damages
- Coordinate with maintenance, housekeeping, contractors and vacation home owners through phone, email or in person
- Maintain key inventory and inventory log and follow up and collect keys from maintenance/repair vendors/guests
- Provide guests with site and area information upon request
- Be familiar with local properties and all of the amenities that it offers to guests
- Market additional guest services including pantry stocking, airport transportation and scheduling of tours
- Be familiar with area attractions, tours and dining options
- Be familiar with all company programs and systems
- Report any negative guest experiences to management and work to restore Customer satisfaction
- Cover a variety of shifts according to guest arrival, departure and other business needs and/or as assigned and directed by management
- Attend all In-House, regional, and staff meetings and training, as requested by management
- Work directly with maintenance staff to coordinate repairs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- General office support and other administrative tasks as needed
The ideal candidate must possess the following skills & abilities:
- Strong communication, people and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally during interpersonal interactions and has proper telephone etiquette
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Recognize an emergency situation and takes appropriate action
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include: nights, weekends, holidays, approved overtime and alternative schedules or shifts as requested by management
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, detail oriented and problem solving skills
- Ability to efficiently plan, schedule, confirm and handling forms of payment (i.e. cash handling skills – the ability to count currency
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often of a different nature, changing from one task to another, with impending deadlines and/or established time frames
- Ability to speak competently and confidently
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions
- he ideal candidate will have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision as well as in a cross-functional team environment. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected as well as the ability to prioritize and delegate.
Fluency in English and Spanish is a requirement.
Bayside Real Estate Huatulco is a boutique vacation rental firm in Huatulco Mexico offering rental and property management services to travelers and property owners. Bayside Enterprises is a group of companies including; Own Mexico marketing services; Bayside Real Estate Huatulco; Bayside Vacation Rental and Bayside Rental and Tours. Its multiple sales and marketing platforms have retained follower of over 20,000 leads.